Thursday, February 3, 2011

YUM - Bananas!

You know - I love the smell of my house since I started up this hobby. It always smells so delicious. Today I'm taking that recipe that I toyed with to make the banana mini cupcakes and making a big cake! Getting ready for a birthday celebration!

Ellie and I are headed over to Aunty Trista's tomorrow to work on decorating the cake and making some cupcakes so I figured I should get this one baked, iced and covered in fondant tonight so its ready to work on - I'm so looking forward to it!

So its a banana cake with banana cream filling - and of course, has the signature rainbow touch. Royal blue (for welcoming the newest member of the family) and bright pink (for the birthday girl!)

I haven't put much thought into the design of it - I want to use a bunch of flowers but I'm just not sold on anything in particular...I might go with a bunch of button flowers and random dots - keep it clean and simple...more importantly I need to decide on the color for the fondant for the base of the cake - I'm almost tempted to stick with a white? Hmm...maybe I'll do the fondant tomorrow when Trista can weigh in on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment