Sunday, February 13, 2011

Gum Paste Fun

I've been missing this week - nothing exciting baked just a couple batches of banana cupcakes - decorated very boringly...

I did have a class today. We learned how to make roses, carnations and Calla lily's out of gum paste.

I'm actually quite pleased with my very first attempts at each!

Here are my roses - actually turned out beautiful! I wish I hadn't dusted them with the pearl dust, I think it cheapened the look of them as I didn't do it very nicely - ah well!




Some Calla Lily's (had a bit of a time with the Callyx on this damn flower - I'm not so sure I like it..) Also Trista said something along the lines of the middle of these flowers always look like caterpillars and now I can't get it out of my head LOL



And lastly my carnation - very pleased with it - especially since its just the first, I'm sure all of them will get better with practice



Ellie has been sick so needless to say I'm exhausted and just not in the blogging mood today! I'm sorry to dissapoint - hopefully I'll get back to it this week, I have a lot of cakes coming up I need to prepare for!

2 comments:

  1. Awe Katy, I'm sorry to ruin your Calla Lily experience. They all turned out beautiful though... also caterpillars turn into beautiful butterflies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL thanks Trista I still like them but its all I think when I look at them now!!

    Matt ended up eating them anyways :P

    ReplyDelete