Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cake Deprivation

I've been depriving you all of my recent cake progress! I've just been so buy no time for updates. I'm officially finished all of my classes and as awesome as they were and as sad as I am to see them go, it might be nice to have a week or two of not worrying about getting everything ready last minute


oh wait - I have SOOOO many cakes to do this month! Fortunately Trista is doing almost all of them with me which makes it so much easier and so much more fun!

I've also FINALLY ordered a kitchen-aid mixer. From the help of some lovely WB'ers I found this awesome deal:

http://cayneshousewares.com/product.php?productid=6794&cat=0&page=1 


and with this coupon:


VISA2011R 


I got free shipping :D It should be here Friday and I'm so excited for it!! 


In the coming weeks I'll be making 1 mini wedding cake (for practice on Saturday), then 1 main cake with 4 or 5 mini wedding cakes for Kathleen & Andrew's engagement party next Friday, and 3 birthday cakes!!


April will be a bridal shower cake and an Easter cake.


May - Ellie's birthday


August- Wedding cake


Sept - Wedding cake




So thats a lot I need to get some practice in for! I've been so incredibly nervous about laying fondant on cakes - I've tried a few times and I knew how HARD it was. I can proudly say I can now do it no problem - its actually SO EASY! dare I say it, even easier than the crumb coat that goes on under it!


My last cake for my last class was a wee bit sad - but I prepared everything the night before at 2AM and had no final plan, nor many flowers pre-made...Add that to my fondant decided to fail miserably day of and I just decided to wing it. It happened to be my younger brother's 19th birthday so this is what he got



No comments:

Post a Comment